Mondays are now DIY! Today we have a utility cart to help you carry your tools around, something a little less awkward than a wheelbarrow. This DIY comes from Lowes.
I tried to make this at my old house. I still have some of the pieces here, but now I don’t need it. I wish I did. It looks awesome.
I need to make this for this summer!
“If I am to be a voice for animals, then how should I speak? Am I to whisper, when they are screaming in pain? Am I to be calm, when they tremble in fear? Am I to shout for mercy, as their throats are being slit? Tell me how I need to speak, for you to grant them their freedom.”
- Davegan Raza
This quote is really good. For me, I struggle with how I should approach people about veganism. I think it’s something that a lot of people struggle with; what is the most effective method to get people to change and STAY vegan ASAP. For the most part, I try friendly & gentle education, and it has yielded results. Everyone has their own technique though and different people react differently to these techniques, so it’s good to have a variety.
(Source: veganmenna, via myblack-is-beautiful)
Remember: little things add up. Press ‘like’ if your cup is Fair Trade Certified.
(Photo by: Manjiv Jayakumar)
- Number of people worldwide who will die as a result of malnutrition this year: 20 million
- Number of people who could be adequately fed using land freed if Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10%: 100 million
- Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20%
- Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80%
- Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95%
- Percentage of protein wasted by cycling grain through livestock: 90%
- How frequently a child dies as a result of malnutrition: every 2.3 seconds
- Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an acre: 40,000
- Pounds of beef produced on an acre: 250
- Percentage of U.S. farmland devoted to beef production: 56%
- Pounds of grain and soybeans needed to produce a pound of edible flesh from feedlot beef: 16
It’s interesting to note that governments are happy to ply you with brain shriveling fluoride, but when it comes to something that can help you stay healthy, they will write laws to keep natural remedies illegal and out of reach.
fluoride was introduced to public drinking water in the 1940’s.
P.S. Fluoxetine is a fluoride-containing compound. Prozac is a fluorinated drug called “fluoxetine”. The use of sodium fluoride for mass behavioral control was used on POWs in Nazi Germany and in Russia. Fluoride is and always has been used for mind control not for dental health. There’s massive amounts of data, medical papers, theses, dissertation, declassified info, out there that takes seconds to look up.